EPL: He’s technically good – Glen Johnson raises concern over Chelsea star, warns Pochettino

Forum 5 months ago

EPL: He’s technically good – Glen Johnson raises concern over Chelsea star, warns Pochettino

Former Chelsea star, Glen Johnson has raised a major concern over Levi Colwill and has sent a warning to Mauricio Pochettino about the defender.

Colwill can be deployed as a centre or left-back and has played in both roles under Pochettino.

He has not missed any Premier League game for Chelsea under Pochettino this season.

The 20-year-old has established himself in the Blues’ starting XI after an impressive loan at Brighton.

But Johnson has now urged Pochettino to stop using Colwill as a left-back because he could get ‘found out’ and ‘isolated’ in the position when playing against an opponent.

“If you asked Levi Colwill he’d probably tell you he doesn’t want to be playing left-back,” Johnson told Compare Bet.

“He is not the quickest and for me to be a full-back you have to have some pace and so he looks like he’s playing out of position.

“It is great that the manager trusts him enough to give him minutes but it would be best to play him where he plays best, which is at centre-back.

“He is technically good, good at passing it through the lines, and reads the game well but he just needs the right players around him.

“He could get found out at left-back because he could get isolated out there.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 21 mins ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club
Forum | 26 mins ago

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 31 mins ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 33 mins ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag