EPL: Glen Johnson reveals player to stop Chelsea from challenging for title

Forum 5 months ago

EPL: Glen Johnson reveals player to stop Chelsea from challenging for title

Former Chelsea defender Glen Johnson has suggested that goalkeeper Robert Sanchez will not make the Blues compete for the Premier League title this season.

Chelsea signed Sanchez from Brighton for around £25 million earlier this summer.

Mauricio Pochettino’s side decided to let go of goalkeepers Edouard Mendy and Kepa Arrizabalaga prior to Sanchez’s arrival.

Sanchez has featured in all 14 of Chelsea’s matches across all competitions this season and has been scrutinized for his error-prone Premier League outings of late.

“I think Sanchez is good enough to play at this level, but I don’t believe he’s good enough to play for a Premier League title winning team,” Sanchez told Betfred.

“99% of teams that win the Premier League have a world-class goalkeeper between the sticks because it always comes down to fine, fine margins and you need a goalkeeper that’s good enough to bail you out.

“Robert’s certainly a good Premier League goalkeeper, but title winning teams always have a world-class goalkeeper and I don’t believe Robert is in that bracket just now.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 12 hours ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club
Forum | 12 hours ago

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 12 hours ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 12 hours ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag