EPL: You’ll regret leaving Chelsea – Glen Johnson to midfielder

Forum 6 months ago

EPL: You’ll regret leaving Chelsea – Glen Johnson to midfielder

Former Chelsea defender, Glen Johnson believes midfielder Mason Mount will regret his move to Manchester United in the summer.

Johnson claimed Mount did not expect such poor form from Man United so far this season before his move to Old Trafford ahead of the start of the campaign.

Recall that Man United signed the England international from Chelsea in the summer for an initial £55 million.

Erik ten Hag’s side have been in dismal form this season, sitting tenth in the Premier League table, and Mount has not impressed since joining the Red Devils.

“At the moment he [Mount] will be [regretting],” Johnson told Betfred (as quoted by Metro).

“Manchester United are a very big football club, but you don’t join them with the expectation that you are going to be part of a team that is tenth in the Premier League.

“You only want to go there to challenge for major honours, and I know that Chelsea are not in a better position at this very moment, but you don’t move to Old Trafford in the expectation that you are going to struggle.”

He added, “I don’t know why he decided to leave Chelsea, but I’m sure he’s questioning his decision at this very moment.”

Chelsea are currently 11th in the Premier League table with one point behind Man United.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Iwobi guns for 250th appearance as Fulham host Crystal Palace
Forum | 3 hours ago

EPL: Iwobi guns for 250th appearance as Fulham host Crystal Palace

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 3 hours ago

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race
Forum | 3 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race