EPL: ‘He’s still young’ – Glen Johnson advises Pochettino not to allow Chelsea star leave

Forum 4 months ago

EPL: ‘He’s still young’ – Glen Johnson advises Pochettino not to allow Chelsea star leave

Former Chelsea defender, Glen Johnson has advised the club’s manager Mauricio Pochettino, not to allow Armando Broja leave in a permanent move amid his lack of game time.

Johnson said Broja should only be allowed to depart on loan.

Broja has struggled to get regular playing time under Pochettino this season.

Since recovering from an anterior cruciate ligament injury, the 22-year-old has made just six appearances, scoring once.

It has been reported that Broja has drawn interest from Chelsea’s rivals Fulham.

Speaking with GGRecon about Broja’s situation at Chelsea under Pochettino, Johnson said: “Unless they [Chelsea] receive an offer that they could not say no to, then I’d only allow him to leave on loan because he’s still young.

“If he goes on loan, then he can have the opportunity to bang in some goals, gain more experience and Chelsea would still have the option to bring him back.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Iwobi moves to fourth position on Nigeria’s highest capped list
Forum | 9 hours ago

EPL: Iwobi moves to fourth position on Nigeria’s highest capped list

EPL: You damaged English football – Pochettino slams VAR after Aston Villa draw
Forum | 9 hours ago

EPL: You damaged English football – Pochettino slams VAR after Aston Villa draw

EPL: Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Aston Villa sees Arsenal qualify for Champions League
Forum | 9 hours ago

EPL: Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Aston Villa sees Arsenal qualify for Champions League

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 21 hours ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham