Tribunal dismisses Obi, LP’s petition on election irregularities

Forum 7 months ago

Tribunal dismisses Obi, LP’s petition on election irregularities

A petition by the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, and the party alleging irregularities in the February 25 election has been dismissed by the presidential election tribunal sitting in Abuja.

One of the five justices, Abba Mohammed, while reading the ruling on the petition said the petitioners made generic allegations of irregularities against the respondent without specifying the polling units

“The petitioners allege irregularities and will use spreadsheets, inspection reports, and forensic analysis as evidence in the trial.

“The documents promised by the petitioners were not attached to the petition and served on the respondents,” he added.

The Justice ruled that Obi and the Labour Party did not adequately detail their allegations of corrupt practices, vote suppression, fictitious results, and other irregularities in their petition.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nigerian-born striker, Martin Obi scores seven goals as Arsenal win 7-0
Forum | 3 days ago

Nigerian-born striker, Martin Obi scores seven goals as Arsenal win 7-0

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe
Forum | 1 week ago

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election
Forum | 1 week ago

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri
Forum | 1 week ago

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri