I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri

Forum 1 week ago

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri

Socio-political analyst Reno Omokri has revealed that he suggested Peter Obi as a running mate to former presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, during the 2019 elections.

Omokri said he recommended Obi’s name as running mate following a request from Atiku.

The former presidential aide spoke during an interview with Seun Okinbaloye via his podcast, Mic On.

He vowed never to leave Atiku to support President Bola Tinubu in 2027 presidential election.

Omokri has been in support of some Tinubu’s economic recovery policies.

However, he said: “Peter Obi can’t deny that I was the one who recommended him to Waziri Atiku Abubakar when he asked me to help choose a running mate in 2019.

“I called former President Jonathan and he told me it’s Peter Obi, but I told him I just can’t submit one name. We padded the list with others while making Obi’s name look very rosy.

“Atiku chose Obi so after a man had done me just great honour, I will now turn around and be supporting his opponent in the next election?

“I can’t do that, if Atiku decide to contest in 2027 and get the PDP’s presidential candidate, I’m duty bound to support him.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Daniel Radcliffe ‘Will Continue To Support the Rights of All LGBTQ People’
Forum | 1 day ago

Daniel Radcliffe ‘Will Continue To Support the Rights of All LGBTQ People’

President Tinubu Mourns Victims Of Ogun Gas Explosion
Forum | 2 days ago

President Tinubu Mourns Victims Of Ogun Gas Explosion

Welfare Still A Mirage – Atiku Laments Ahead of May Day
Forum | 2 days ago

Welfare Still A Mirage – Atiku Laments Ahead of May Day