Sofyan Amrabat explains Erik ten Hag's influence on move to Man Utd

Forum 8 months ago

Sofyan Amrabat explains Erik ten Hag's influence on move to Man Utd

Sofyan Amrabat has admitted that Erik ten Hag was a key reason he wanted to join Manchester United this summer.

The Moroccan midfielder had long been courted by Man Utd, and the club finally got a deal over the line in the final hour of the transfer window - signing on loan with an option to buy at the end of the season.

90min understands that the Red Devils have paid £8.5m to sign the midfielder on loan, and will have to pay and extra £17.1m in order to sign him outright.

Speaking to his new club's official website after making the move to Man Utd, Amrabat revealed his delight at having the opportunity to work with Ten Hag.

"It is a huge honour to become a Manchester United player. I've had to be patient for this moment but I'm someone who always listens to my heart and now I am representing the club of my dreams," he said.

"I am a passionate player; I want to bring that energy to the squad, and I will put everything into every action I take for the team.

"I know exactly how Erik ten Hag likes to work and what he needs from his players. His coaching and guidance developed me so much as a player earlier in my career. I know that he will help to bring out the best of my abilities so that I can help the group to be successful this season."

Amrabat worked under Ten Hag while at Utrecht between 2015 and 2017, with the midfielder earning a move to Feyenoord thanks to his performances under the tactician.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him

Uzoho relishes superb display against Man United at Old Trafford
Forum | 2 days ago

Uzoho relishes superb display against Man United at Old Trafford

UCL: What happened at Man Utd – Ferdinand questions Sancho after outstanding display against PSG
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: What happened at Man Utd – Ferdinand questions Sancho after outstanding display against PSG