Chris Hemsworth: Thor: Love and Thunder ‘Just Became Too Silly’

Forum 10 months ago

Chris Hemsworth: Thor: Love and Thunder ‘Just Became Too Silly’

Actor Chris Hemsworth has admitted that Thor: Love and Thunder is not the best movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/68f4708567393b1bb628e4763176587d.jpg

In 2022, the fourth Thor movie, Thor: Love and Thunder, arrived in theaters to a mixed reception from critics and audiences. In an interview with GQ, Hemsworth, who plays the famed Asgardian, talks about his kids’ friends’ negative reactions to the film. “It’s a bunch of eight-year-olds critiquing my film. ‘We thought this one had too much humor, the action was cool, but the VFX weren’t as good,’” Hemsworth recalls. “I cringe and laugh equally at it.”

He further reflected on the performance of Thor: Love and Thunder, saying, “I think we just had too much fun. It just became too silly. It’s always hard being in the center of it and having any real perspective… I love the process; it’s always a ride. But you just don’t know how people are going to respond.”

Will there be another Thor movie?

There are currently no plans to make a fifth Thor movie. When commenting on whether he would return as the character, Hemsworth said, “If I was going to do something again, it would have to be tonally different. And we’d have to do something very drastic to keep people on their toes. Otherwise, it’s just the fatigue of those characters and those films, where people are like, ‘I’ve seen it.’”

“I love the fact that I’ve been able to do something fairly different throughout the process,” Hemsworth says, reflecting on how much Thor has evolved over the years. “Thor 1 and 2 were their own thing, Thor 3 and 4 were a very different feel… and then even Avengers, the Lebowski Thor, the Infinity War Thor, due to different directors and I think mostly my own need to do something different. You know, I got sick of the character pretty quick every couple of years.”

Hemsworth stars in Extraction 2, arriving on Netflix on June 16, 2023.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG
Forum | 23 hours ago

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG

I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish
Forum | 1 day ago

I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish

The Garfield Movie Video Shows Chris Pratt Learning How To Become a Cat
Forum | 3 days ago

The Garfield Movie Video Shows Chris Pratt Learning How To Become a Cat

Challengers Final Trailer Shows Zendaya’s Love Triangle in Romantic Sports Movie
Forum | 4 days ago

Challengers Final Trailer Shows Zendaya’s Love Triangle in Romantic Sports Movie