Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG

Forum 1 week ago

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG

Chris Pratt will star in an adaptation of Way of The Warrior Kid directed by McG.

Per Deadline, Pratt will star in a forthcoming adaptation of Jocko Willink’s Way of the Warrior Kid: From Wimpy to Warrior the Navy SEAL Way novel, which was published in 2017.

The movie, which is being written by Will Staples, will be headed to the Cannes Film Market in May 2024. Ben Everard, McG, Mary Viola, Willink, and Pratt will produce the film.

What is Way of The Warrior Kid about?

“Fifth grade was the worst year of Marc’s life. He stunk at gym class, math was too hard for him, the school lunch was horrible, and his class field trip was ruined because he couldn’t swim,” the synopsis for the novel reads. “And the most awful thing about fifth grade? Kenny Williamson, the class bully, who calls himself the King of the Jungle Gym. When Marc’s mother tells him that his uncle Jake is coming to stay for the whole summer, Marc can’t wait. Uncle Jake is a for-real, super-cool Navy SEAL. And Uncle Jake has a plan. He’s going to turn Marc into a warrior.”

McG is known for directing 2000’s Charlie’s Angels and the 2003 sequel, Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle. His filmography also includes 2009’s Terminator Salvation, 2012’s This Means War, 2014’s 3 Days to Kill, 2017’s The Babysitter, and the 2020 sequel, The Babysitter: Killer Queen, among other titles. His most recent film was 2023’s Family Switch.

Pratt, meanwhile, is voicing the titular cat in The Garfield Movie, which releases in United States theaters on May 24, 2024. He’s also starring in Anthony and Joe Russo’s The Electric State, which hits Netflix later this year, and Timur Bekmambetov’s Mercy, which arrives in 2025.

“What I feel especially drawn to with my character, Jake, is the opportunity to portray a character that seems to be missing in contemporary pop culture, as well as in the lives of so many young people: a mindful portrayal of healthy masculinity,” Pratt said of Way of The Warrior Kid. “Jake uses fundamental principles he learned in the Navy SEALs to teach his nephew to gain confidence in himself, as well as to grow mentally and physically stronger in order to overcome adversity such as dealing with bullies, improving grades at school, and more. I have close family members and friends who served in the military, including my older brother, who has had a huge impact on my life. So, I always feel especially drawn to stories like this that inspire us to face our fears and become stronger mentally and physically.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Billy the Kid Season 2 Part 2 Trailer Sets Release Date for Tom Blyth MGM+ Series
Forum | 3 days ago

Billy the Kid Season 2 Part 2 Trailer Sets Release Date for Tom Blyth MGM+ Series

M3GAN 2.0 Cast Adds Ahsoka Star Ivanna Sakhno in Key Role
Forum | 3 days ago

M3GAN 2.0 Cast Adds Ahsoka Star Ivanna Sakhno in Key Role

I
Forum | 4 days ago

I'm Grateful to Big Brother for Making Me A Star – Ilebaye

UCL: He made it easy – Vinicius Jr hails Real Madrid star after scoring 2 against Bayern
Forum | 4 days ago

UCL: He made it easy – Vinicius Jr hails Real Madrid star after scoring 2 against Bayern