Cristian Stellini backs Roberto De Zerbi to take top job amid Tottenham interest

Forum 1 year ago

Cristian Stellini backs Roberto De Zerbi to take top job amid Tottenham interest

Tottenham interim manager Cristian Stellini believes Brighton boss Roberto De Zerbi has what it takes to manage a top-six side.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/523348d36fc351f55f22452253c19b4f.jpg

90min understands that De Zerbi is among Spurs' list of targets to succeed Antonio Conte as their permanent head coach.

However, the Seagulls manager is not currently interested in the gig, though that could change at the end of the season when a release clause in his contract becomes active.

De Zerbi's Brighton travel to Stellini's Spurs on Saturday with both looking to recover ground in the race for a top-four finish.

At his pre-match press conference, Stellini was asked whether he expected De Zerbi - who he faced during their playing days in Italy - to manage a top-six club in England one day.

"I hope for him," Stellini said. "When he was a player, he was aggressive. I challenged him sometimes and he was really aggressive.

"He improved a lot. He has a great personality like a manager and he arrived here in a new country and quickly he put his sign on his team.

"That is not easy for everyone and De Zerbi show also in England, in the Premier League he is a great manager.

"For sure his results were every time good results. He gave to his team good characteristics. He's very strong in the way he wants to play."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 2 hours ago

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

Pray For Khaid - Sydney Talker Urges Fans Amid Hospitalization
Forum | 6 days ago

Pray For Khaid - Sydney Talker Urges Fans Amid Hospitalization

Finidi backs Enyimba forward Mbaoma to end goal drought
Forum | 3 days ago

Finidi backs Enyimba forward Mbaoma to end goal drought