Roberto De Zerbi accuses Cristian Stellini of disrespect in touchline spat

Forum 1 year ago

Roberto De Zerbi accuses Cristian Stellini of disrespect in touchline spat

Brighton manager Roberto De Zerbi has admitted he may have to ‘change’ his behaviour following a second red card of the season, but insists he felt disrespected by Tottenham interim Cristian Stellini after both were sent off during Saturday’s Premier League clash.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/2bdb5b6a287b54d889383241c0f47e6b.jpg

Brighton felt aggrieved afterwards following two disallowed goals and a penalty appeal denied.

Tensions between the rival coaches, who played against each other during their respective playing career, were rising before the game had even kicked off. Things continued to be aggressive in the technical areas until a second half flashpoint resulted in both being told to leave.

De Zerbi is now facing a third touchline ban since being appointed by Brighton in September, having been sent off once previously and accumulated a number of yellow cards.

“I’m used to always respecting everyone inside and outside of the pitch. I don’t like it when people don’t respect me. But there are normal situations in football,” the Seagulls boss explained after.

“It’s personal things. I always respect everyone, especially the coaches. I can answer for me, not for him. Yes, [I felt disrespected by Stellini]. It’s a personal situation. I told him what was my opinion, my idea, not bad words, only my opinion.

“I am sorry. But in my career it was the first time there were so many red cards. If you look at my career, you can't find so many red cards. Maybe I changed leagues and I have to change habits.”

Discussing their past, Stellini said: "I challenged him sometimes and he was really aggressive."

The Spurs interim boss also suggested that De Zerbi is ‘not tactically fluid’ like predecessor Graham Potter was at Brighton. He even seemed to hint that the current success the club is enjoying is as a result of Potter’s blueprint.

"I think De Zerbi found a good solution to play with his style because that team came with Potter and they know themselves very well,” Stellini added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Divorce-seeking Military Officer Accuses Wife Of Bad Temperament
Forum | 4 days ago

Divorce-seeking Military Officer Accuses Wife Of Bad Temperament

Verydarkman Continues to Drag Reno Omokri, Accuses His Brother Of R3ping Teenage Girl
Forum | 5 days ago

Verydarkman Continues to Drag Reno Omokri, Accuses His Brother Of R3ping Teenage Girl

BBNaija Star, Phyna Accuses Nigerians Of Double Standard, Seeks Support For Her Demand
Forum | 6 days ago

BBNaija Star, Phyna Accuses Nigerians Of Double Standard, Seeks Support For Her Demand

Family Kicks, Accuses Lagos Hospital Of Negligence, Incompetence As Mother, Son Die During Childbirth
Forum | 1 week ago

Family Kicks, Accuses Lagos Hospital Of Negligence, Incompetence As Mother, Son Die During Childbirth