Peter Obi Can’t Easily Give N2 Billion For Mobilisation – Shehu Sani

Forum 1 year ago

Peter Obi Can’t Easily Give N2 Billion For Mobilisation – Shehu Sani

Former Nigerian lawmaker, Shehu Sani has stated that it is not possible for the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi to give away N2 billion to the Christian Association of Nigeria for mobilization.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8a61973df2e4ede7220d216ebcd32f1e.jpg

Sani was reacting to a report that Obi donated N2bn to the leadership of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) to facilitate his appearance in churches to support his presidential ambition.

However, President, Archbishop Daniel Okoh, CAN while debunking the news, described the allegation as baseless, saying that the claim was a failed attempt to drag the Christian body into politics.

Okoh said CAN maintains its non-partisan stance and will not endorse or mobilize support for any candidate in the upcoming elections.

Also, Obi dismissed a viral “petition” alleging that he gave two billion to churches across the country, saying that the petition was “concocted to tarnish his hard-earned reputation”.

Reacting to the development, Senator Sani said Obi couldn’t have parted with N2 billion going by his recent meeting with him at the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) delegate congress.

In a tweet via his verified Twitter handle, Sani revealed that the LP standard bearer cannot give anyone such an amount of money because his front pockets have a sealed cover.

“I don’t think Peter Obi can easily part with N2 Billion. Last week we met at the ICC Abuja, venue of the NLC delegate congress, even his front pockets have a sealed cover,” he wrote.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nigerian-born striker, Martin Obi scores seven goals as Arsenal win 7-0
Forum | 5 days ago

Nigerian-born striker, Martin Obi scores seven goals as Arsenal win 7-0

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe
Forum | 1 week ago

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe

Shehu Sani Tells FG to Pull Down Chinese Supermarket Denying Nigerians Entrance
Forum | 1 week ago

Shehu Sani Tells FG to Pull Down Chinese Supermarket Denying Nigerians Entrance