"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Euro 2024: We won Germany – Anderson slams VAR after Denmark’s 2-0 defeat

Forum 2 days ago

Euro 2024: We won Germany – Anderson slams VAR after Denmark’s 2-0 defeat

Denmark defender Joacjim Anderson has slammed the officiating of their game against Germany that saw the team off to a 2-0 defeat.

The defender criticized the harsh penalty call against him which led to his country’s defeat.

The video assistant referee stole the headlines in Dortmund, with the Crystal Palace defender seeing a goal chalked off and a harsh penalty awarded against him as the host progressed for the quarter-final.

Kai Havertz scored from the spot as they conceded another goal to Jamal Musiala.

Anderson, while addressing the press after the game, slammed the decision to award the penalty against him.

He said, according to EuroFoot, “It was crazy and not a penalty at all. I can’t run around with my arms behind my back and play football.

“He’s half a metre away from me and hits the ball on my hand, so I can’t see what I could do to prevent it.

“The offside call is also difficult to see. It’s so minimal that you really have to look for it. But the handball call is the craziest I’ve ever seen. Margins decided the game. If our goal had been allowed, I’m convinced we would have won the game.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Euro 2024: ‘What an opportunity’ – Rio Ferdinand rates England’s chances of reaching final
Forum | 2 days ago

Euro 2024: ‘What an opportunity’ – Rio Ferdinand rates England’s chances of reaching final

Copa America: Vinicius slams organisers after 4-1 win
Forum | 2 days ago

Copa America: Vinicius slams organisers after 4-1 win

Euro 2024: Spalletti names who to blame for Italy’s Round of 16 exit
Forum | 2 days ago

Euro 2024: Spalletti names who to blame for Italy’s Round of 16 exit

Euro 2024: Never underestimate them – IIkay Gundogan names favourite to win trophy
Forum | 2 days ago

Euro 2024: Never underestimate them – IIkay Gundogan names favourite to win trophy