2026 WCQ: Finidi hails Dele-Bashiru, provides injury update on midfielder

Forum 2 weeks ago

2026 WCQ: Finidi hails Dele-Bashiru, provides injury update on midfielder

Super Eagles head coach, Finidi George, has heaped praise on Fisayo Dele-Bashiru for his impressive performance in the team’s 1-1 draw against South Africa.

The Hatayspor midfielder scored Nigeria’s only goal of the encounter.

The midfielder levelled scores for the Super Eagles after the break, canceling out Thembo Zwane’s 29-minute strike for South Africa.

It was Dele-Bashiru’s second appearance for the Super Eagles.

“It was a great performance from him, that was why he played. People talk about changes, but not about fielding a player. If he didn’t do well, I know that question will come back to me,’ why did he play?’Finidi told reporters after the game.

“Now that he has played, everybody is saying good performance. Like I said, leave this job to the coaches to do.”

Dele-Bashiru was replaced by Alhassan Yusuf in the 61st minute after sustaining an injury.

Finidi said the former Sheffield Wednesday player will be assessed to determine the extent of the injury.

“On his injury, he had a knock, the medical staff will observe him and see how he feels. Those knocks, you will not know until you wake up in the morning and see how the body reacts,” he added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Batman Part II Update Given by Andy Serkis
Forum | 13 hours ago

The Batman Part II Update Given by Andy Serkis

CHIVIDO24: Dele Momodu congratulates Davido and Chioma
Forum | 17 hours ago

CHIVIDO24: Dele Momodu congratulates Davido and Chioma

Euro 2024: So good – John Stones hails Arsenal target
Forum | 1 day ago

Euro 2024: So good – John Stones hails Arsenal target