Euro 2024: So good – John Stones hails Arsenal target

Forum 3 days ago

Euro 2024: So good – John Stones hails Arsenal target

England defender John Stones has hailed Arsenal target, Marc Guehi over his performance at the ongoing European championships.

Both players have formed a solid partnership in England’s defence at Euro 2024.

Gareth Southgate brought in Guehi as a replacement for the injured Harry Maguire and played him alongside Stones so far in the Euros.

Stones admitted that he is impressed with his partnership with the 23-year-old.

The Manchester City defender, Stones hailed Guehi, who is being targeted by Arsenal, for thriving under the pressure of being thrown into the starting XI at such a big stage.

He told The Boot Room, “So good. For him to come in, not having felt the feelings around tournament football before or these kinds of games, all kinds of different emotions that come with it that you’ve never experienced before. He’s handled [it] so well, his performances.

“I said to him when we’re in this, or whoever’s playing or whoever I’m playing with, I’m your right arm, you are my left.

“We do this together. I’ve got your back and he’s bought into that so well. I believe massively in partnerships that you do it all together and I feel that he’s handled the occasion so well and I really enjoy playing with him.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Euro 2024: Teams England could face in Round of 16 revealed
Forum | 2 days ago

Euro 2024: Teams England could face in Round of 16 revealed

Euro 2024: Saliba taken for drugs test, misses France team bus
Forum | 2 days ago

Euro 2024: Saliba taken for drugs test, misses France team bus

Euro 2024: Cristiano Ronaldo can’t get into England’s XI – Ally McCoist
Forum | 2 days ago

Euro 2024: Cristiano Ronaldo can’t get into England’s XI – Ally McCoist