Euro 2024: Harry Redknapp predicts player to win Golden Boot ahead of Ronaldo

Forum 2 weeks ago

Euro 2024: Harry Redknapp predicts player to win Golden Boot ahead of Ronaldo

Former Tottenham Hotspur boss, Harry Redknapp, has predicted that Bruno Fernandes could challenge his national team captain, Cristiano Ronaldo for the Euro 2024 Golden Boot.

The European championship, to be hosted by Germany, will start on June 14.

Ronaldo scored 50 goals in 45 games across competitions for Al-Nassr in the just concluded season, including a record-breaking 35 strikes in the Saudi Pro League.

The Portugal national team captain has also been a solid performer for Portugal, leading the attack in their successful Euro 2024 qualifying campaign with 10 goals to his name in nine games.

Fernandes, meanwhile, bagged 15 goals and 13 assists in 48 games across competitions for Manchester United.

He was also impressive during the Euro 2024 qualifying series, scoring six goals and making seven assists in 10 games.

And the former Tottenham boss told BetVictor (via GOAL) that the Al-Nassr forward and his former Manchester United teammate are expected to sizzle at Euro 2024.

“Cristiano Ronaldo is obviously now playing at a slightly different level to before, out in Saudi Arabia, but he’s an amazing athlete, and he’s still as fit as a fiddle because he looks after himself so well,” the former manager said.

“I can see him scoring goals at the tournament, and I can see him taking Portugal a long way this year.

“I also think Bruno Fernandes could be a fantastic value for the Golden Boot award – he will score goals.

“He won’t take penalties because I suppose Ronaldo will grab the ball, but I’d definitely have an interest in him at a big price for the Golden Boot.”

Portugal will open their campaign against the Czech Republic on June 18.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Queen Mercy praises Chioma ahead of her wedding to Davido
Forum | 1 day ago

Queen Mercy praises Chioma ahead of her wedding to Davido

Euro 2024: So good – John Stones hails Arsenal target
Forum | 1 day ago

Euro 2024: So good – John Stones hails Arsenal target

Euro 2024: Chris Sutton predicts Portugal vs Georgia, Italy vs Croatia clashes
Forum | 1 day ago

Euro 2024: Chris Sutton predicts Portugal vs Georgia, Italy vs Croatia clashes