Super Eagles: Crouch denies questioning Lookman’s decision to play for Nigeria

Forum 3 weeks ago

Super Eagles: Crouch denies questioning Lookman’s decision to play for Nigeria

Former Liverpool striker Peter Crouch, has denied questioning Super Eagles forward Ademola Lookman’s decision to play for Nigeria at senior level instead of England.

Crouch, a former England international, was one of the pundits who hailed Lookman following his heroics in the UEFA Europa League final.

Waploaded reported that Lookman scored a hat-trick to help his Serie A side, Atalanta win their first-ever European trophy.

Crouch was quoted to have questioned the player’s decision to represent the African giants and not England, his country of birth.

The former Liverpool striker has come out angrily to deny making such statements about the Atalanta forward.

The 43-year-old said on X, “This is mad. I didn’t say this. Why would I? I said he’s been around various clubs, worked hard and now he’s performing for Atalanta. Didn’t mention Nigeria once”

26-year-old Lookman was born in England to Nigerian parents.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Davido and Chioma jets out of Nigeria for their honeymoon
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido and Chioma jets out of Nigeria for their honeymoon

Super Eagles can’t afford to miss out on 2026 World Cup – Rohr
Forum | 1 day ago

Super Eagles can’t afford to miss out on 2026 World Cup – Rohr

Superman Set Photos Reveal Villains Rick Flag Sr, Ultraman & Engineer in Costumes
Forum | 1 day ago

Superman Set Photos Reveal Villains Rick Flag Sr, Ultraman & Engineer in Costumes

Superman Set Photos: Lois Lane & Jimmy Olsen Don Animated Series Inspired Costumes
Forum | 3 days ago

Superman Set Photos: Lois Lane & Jimmy Olsen Don Animated Series Inspired Costumes