"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Euro 2024: Carragher predicts teams to play final, win tournament

Forum 3 weeks ago

Euro 2024: Carragher predicts teams to play final, win tournament

Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher has predicted that France and Germany will face off in the final of this year’s Euro 2024, with France emerging victorious.

In a recent interview with The Telegraph, Carragher also expressed his skepticism about England’s chances against France.

“I don’t see how England beat France,” Carragher said. “We are talking about Harry Kane scoring a penalty, the tiny details. Bellingham’s a gamechanger, two years on from the last tournament, playing for Real Madrid.”

Carragher noted that Germany’s home advantage would likely propel them to the final, despite their current form.

“I just think Germany are in the final because they are at home. I don’t think I’d ever put Germany in the final right now if this tournament was anywhere else. I look at maybe Portugal finding it tough in a stadium full of German supporters.”

While acknowledging the challenge France would face in a final against the hosts, Carragher believes their experience will see them through.

“France would have that problem in the final, but the experience they’ve got, players who have won the World Cup and been in [another] final, I just think France will have enough to beat Germany in their own backyard,” he concluded.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Elite Season 8 Release Date Set for Netflix Teen Drama’s Final Installment
Forum | 1 day ago

Elite Season 8 Release Date Set for Netflix Teen Drama’s Final Installment

Euro 2024: He’s strong in tackles – Seedorf backs Arsenal star to shine
Forum | 2 days ago

Euro 2024: He’s strong in tackles – Seedorf backs Arsenal star to shine

Euro 2024: Beyond semi-final – Ronaldo sets target for Portugal
Forum | 2 days ago

Euro 2024: Beyond semi-final – Ronaldo sets target for Portugal