Obi-Wan Kenobi: Ewan McGregor Discusses His Future in the Star Wars Franchise

Forum 4 weeks ago

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Ewan McGregor Discusses His Future in the Star Wars Franchise

While Ewan McGregor indicated in an interview that Obi-Wan Kenobi Season 2 might already be off the table, he says that there’s a high chance he’ll return as the legendary Jedi Master in the future.

During an interview with LADbible, while talking about his new series A Gentleman in Moscow, the actor said that he hasn’t received any phone calls regarding another Obi-Wan Kenobi project, considering it was meant to be a limited series. Although a second season is unlikely at this point, he expressed his passion for the role and said that he’s “pretty sure” he’d get a chance to take on the mantle again.

“The truth is I’ve talked about having to cover for doing the Obi-Wan season for years, I had to lie about that and I’m not lying about this now. I don’t know. There’s been no phone call to me from Lucasfilm or Disney saying, ‘Let’s do another one’. Obi-Wan was made as a limited series and it’s out and people like it, which I’m very, very pleased about,” said McGregor.

He continued, “I love doing it. I hope we get a chance to do another one and I’m sure we will. I’m pretty sure, you know, I’ve got a few years yet before I’m the same age as Alec Guinness was in A New Hope. So there’s time to tell more stories in there.”

What is Obi-Wan Kenobi about?

Set in the Star Wars universe, Obi-Wan Kenobi follows the title character as he goes on a mission to rescue Princess Leia from the Galactic Empire, which only raises the conflict between him and his former apprentice, Darth Vader.

During the reign of the Galactic Empire, former Jedi Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, embarks on a crucial mission to confront allies turned enemies and face the wrath of the Empire,” the logline reads.

Obi-Wan Kenobi also stars Rupert Friend, Vivien Lyra Blair, Jimmy Smits, Simone Kessell, Joel Edgerton, Bonnie Piesse, Moses Ingram, Sung Kang, Kumail Nanjiani, O’Shea Jackson Jr., Indira Varma, Rya Kihlstedt, and Hayden Christensen.

All six episodes of Obi-Wan Kenobi are available to stream on Disney+.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 10 hours ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 18 hours ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG
Forum | 1 day ago

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG