How I Rose From Being a Cage Dancer to a TV Star - Denrele Edun

Forum 1 month ago

How I Rose From Being a Cage Dancer to a TV Star - Denrele Edun

Media personality Denrele Edun has revealed that he was a cage dancer before hitting fame.

He spoke during an interview on Arise News TV while talking about his media journey.

He recounted his days dancing at the African Shrine, where he hustled to make ends meet while still a student.

Denrele reminisced about being a backup dancer for the African Shrine on weekends and also performing with the Iroko band.

Looking back on his struggles, he noted that May 21st would mark his third decade in the entertainment industry, tracing his professional start back to 1994.

In his words, “I used to dance in the shrine. I used to be in the cage, yes, I used to be one of the cage dancers. I did everything to hustle at that time. And I was still in Unilag at that time. So I was a backup dancer every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at the African Shrine and I was a cage dancer. Also, I used to dance for the Iroko band which was headlined by Dr Ola Balogun, one of the pioneers of filmmaking. Come May 21st I will be marking 3 decades in the Entertainment Industry. I started professionally in 1994, on a TV soap opera. My first paycheck was N150”.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 9 hours ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 17 hours ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG
Forum | 1 day ago

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG