I Stand With Ningi - Bauchi Gov Declares Support For Suspended Lawmaker

Forum 1 month ago

I Stand With Ningi - Bauchi Gov Declares Support For Suspended Lawmaker

Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed, has offered unwavering support to Senator Abdul Ningi, who was suspended by the Senate for three months on Tuesday.

Ningi, the lawmaker representing Bauchi Central, was suspended on Tuesday.

He also stepped down from his position as Chairman of the Northern Senators’ Forum.

Ningi faced suspension following a debate on a BBC interview where he claimed that the National Assembly padded the 2024 N28.7tn budget.

In the interview on Friday, Ningi claimed that N3.7tn was not allocated to specific projects in the 2024 budget.

He stated,
“For the first time in Nigerian history, today we are operating two different budgets. One budget was approved by the National Assembly and signed by President Bola Tinubu and the one was implemented by the presidency.

“The one approved by us is N25tn while the one operating by the Federal Government is ₦28tn.

“Apparently, we discovered N3tn was inserted into the budget for projects without locations. This is the highest budget padding that happened in Nigerian history under Senator Akpabio’s watch.”

Furthermore, during a press briefing on Monday, the senator reiterated the accusation and expressed no fear of being suspended.

The Bauchi State Governor, however, expressed his support for the lawmaker.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
You Can’t Stand Beside Me And Say Something Negative About Davido - Sabinus
Forum | 1 day ago

You Can’t Stand Beside Me And Say Something Negative About Davido - Sabinus

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns
Forum | 3 days ago

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election
Forum | 3 days ago

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri
Forum | 4 days ago

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri