Insecurity Has Drastically Reduced Under Tinubu - Senate President, Akpabio

Forum 1 month ago

Insecurity Has Drastically Reduced Under Tinubu - Senate President, Akpabio

Senate President, Godswill Akpabio has stated that since President Bola Tinubu assumed office in May 2023, insecurity in the nation has drastically reduced.

Akpabio made this statement on Wednesday while contributing to a debate on a motion regarding the recent killings in Benue State.

He noted that while the latest attack was an “Abberation,” there was a recorded decrease in the frequency of major killings across the country.

The motion was sponsored by Senator Emmanuel Udende (APC–Benue North-East).

His words: “
The primary responsibility of the state government is to use the security vote to ensure that the security of lives and properties in Benue State is protected.

“The first line of thought is the government of Benue; as Senator Udende brought up, we have not heard any comments from the government of Benue.

“If 50 people have been killed and communities have been attacked, we will expect that the state government will marshal out plans with the immediate security operatives within the affected state and see what they can do before bringing it to the President (Bola Tinubu).

“I want to assure you that President Tinubu, though he has not stayed long in office, is supportive of the activities of the Armed Forces.

“By the time the Senate meets with him in conjunction with the House of Representatives, I believe that the resolutions that we come out with what will benefit the entire country.

“It is a fact that since he assumed duties, insecurity has abated and major attacks are no longer taking place, but this one is just an aberration, and it will be brought to an end.

“I assure the good people of the areas affected that this matter is now on the floor of the Senate and we are taking serious actions with the presidency to ensure that normalcy is restored to the areas and the victims are also taken care of.”

In its resolutions, the Senate paid tribute to those who lost their lives and urged the Service Chiefs, the Inspector-General of Police, and other security agencies to swiftly deploy security personnel to the affected areas.

The Senate also resolved to compile all resolutions regarding killings across the country for presentation to President Tinubu.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 4 days ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja
Forum | 4 days ago

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri
Forum | 4 days ago

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri

Why Wike Was Allowed Into PDP National Caucus Meeting - Senate Minority Leader, Moro Speaks
Forum | 4 days ago

Why Wike Was Allowed Into PDP National Caucus Meeting - Senate Minority Leader, Moro Speaks