‘Shut up’ – Ex-Chelsea star slams Ronaldo over Ligue 1, Saudi Pro League comparison

Forum 1 month ago

‘Shut up’ – Ex-Chelsea star slams Ronaldo over Ligue 1, Saudi Pro League comparison

Former Chelsea defender, Frank Lebouef has slammed Cristiano Ronaldo for making an ‘unfair’ comparison between French Ligue 1 and the Saudi Pro League, SPL.

Earlier this season, Ronaldo had claimed that the SPL was at a higher level than Ligue 1.

However, Lebouef was not pleased with Ronaldo’s comment.

According to him, the Portugal captain made the claim because his eternal-rival Lionel Messi played in the Ligue 1 during his time at Paris Saint-Germain.

Speaking with BetVictor, Leboeuf urged the former Manchester United forward to shut up.

He said (via GOAL): “It annoys me when I hear Cristiano Ronaldo saying that the Saudi Pro League is better than Ligue 1.

“Why do you think he chose to make that comment about Ligue 1 rather than the Portuguese League? It’s because Lionel Messi played in Ligue 1.

“I have lots of respect for him as a player but come on, just shut up! It is unfair to Ligue 1.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 11 hours ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 19 hours ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG
Forum | 1 day ago

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG