AFCON: Nigeria is a very strong opponent – Franck Kessié says ahead semifinal clash

Forum 2 months ago

AFCON: Nigeria is a very strong opponent – Franck Kessié says ahead semifinal clash

Barcelona midfielder, Franck Kessié, has spoken ahead of Ivory Coast’s 2023 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON, final clash with Nigeria.

The host nation, Ivory Coast, would face Nigeria in the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations final on Sunday at the Alassane Ouattara Stadium, Abidjan.

Nigeria defeated Ivory Coast 1-0 in the group stage but since then they have turned their tournament around, winning three games in a row to advance to the final.

Kessié admitted that Nigeria is a very strong opponent and has urged his teammates to remain calm ahead of the final.

“We all know Nigeria is a very great football nation and a very good team,” he told beIN SPORTS.

“We were in the same group and we lost 1-0 unfortunately but we still have a match on Sunday so as I emphasized earlier today we are going to remain calm.

“We are going to savour our victory and from tomorrow with the help of the technical staff we will work and we will think about the final.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nigerian-born striker, Martin Obi scores seven goals as Arsenal win 7-0
Forum | 3 days ago

Nigerian-born striker, Martin Obi scores seven goals as Arsenal win 7-0

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 5 days ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel