Senator Abbo Petitions Tinubu, Demands Punishment Of Judge Who Nullified His Election

Forum 2 months ago

Senator Abbo Petitions Tinubu, Demands Punishment Of Judge Who Nullified His Election

Former lawmaker representing Adamawa North Senatorial District, Elisha Abbo, has written a petition to President Bola Tinubu and the National Judicial Council (NJC) over the nullification of his election by the Court of Appeal.

He explained on Wednesday, during a press briefing that the petition addressed to the President asked him to stop the swearing-in of C.E. Nwosu-Iheme, who was recently nominated as a potential justice of the Supreme Court.

The erstwhile lawmaker insisted that Justice Nwosu-Iheme, who led the judgement that nullified his election in October 2023, is corrupt and not fit to be among the Justices of the apex court.

He added that he had also called the NJC to investigate the issues surrounding the nullification of his election.

According to him, “
We have kept quiet for long and see some judicial bandits become a threat to Nigeria’s democracy. And it’s time for us to begin to hold the judiciary liable because if today, a doctor, through the doctor’s negligence, a patient died in the hospital. That doctor or medical worker will be prosecuted for negligence.

“If a driver is driving a car and through the fault of the driver, he killed somebody. The driver may be arraigned for manslaughter.

“Why are judges above the law? They deliberately occasioned a miscarriage of justice and nobody holds them responsible. Are they above the law? Do you need to be in the good book of the law or on the side of the law? The answer is simple, citizens should be on the side of the law not in the good book of a judge. And the judge who gave the perverse judgment, who actually, three of our recent judgments are against the judgment she gave. She went against her own judgement in my own case, and was nominated to the Supreme Court.

“I have written to the President today, and I’ll read a letter to the President. We don’t need those kinds of character in the Supreme Court. I have petitioned the President to stop her swearing-in as judge of the Supreme Court.

“The one I sent to the NJC is to investigate them and punish them for the deliberate miscarriage of justice.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Senator Ayogu Eze Is Dead
Forum | 1 day ago

Senator Ayogu Eze Is Dead

Family Demands Justice For 38-Year-Old Transporter Who Died During Clash Between NURTW, Land Grabber In Lagos
Forum | 2 days ago

Family Demands Justice For 38-Year-Old Transporter Who Died During Clash Between NURTW, Land Grabber In Lagos

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 4 days ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja
Forum | 4 days ago

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja