AFCON: Super Eagles in Cote d’Ivoire for serious business – Ex-Chelsea star, Omeruo warns Angola

Forum 2 months ago

AFCON: Super Eagles in Cote d’Ivoire for serious business – Ex-Chelsea star, Omeruo warns Angola

Former Chelsea defender Kenneth Omeruo has warned Angola that the Super Eagles are in Cote d’Ivoire for serious business amid the ongoing 2023 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON.

Omeruo, who currently plays his club football at Kasimpasa, said Jose Peseiro’s side will do the talking on the pitch when they face Angola in the quarter-final tie on Friday.

Nigeria head to the game after beating Cameroon 2-0 in the round of 16, while Angola won 3-0 against Namibia.

“We do not need to go into back-and-forth chatter with any team. The Super Eagles are in Cote d’Ivoire for serious business. We have not played Angola for a long time but I remember we played them in 2012 in a friendly and it ended in a draw. I have also read of how previous encounters between the two countries have been quite close,” Omeruo said after one of the team’s training sessions.

“There is no possibility of Friday’s match ending in a draw; a winner must emerge. So much talk has been going on.

“Our collective resolve is to do the talking on the pitch. The Nigerian Spirit trumps all.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 2 days ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me