Ibadan Explosion: I’ve Not Received Call, Message From Atiku – Makinde Tells Peter Obi

Forum 3 months ago

Ibadan Explosion: I’ve Not Received Call, Message From Atiku – Makinde Tells Peter Obi

Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde told Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of Labour Party that he is yet to hear from Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the 2023 election over the recent explosion that killed many people in his state.

He said Atiku has not commiserated with him over the recent explosion in Ibadan.

Recall that at least five persons died, 77 sustained varying degrees of injuries, while no fewer than 58 houses were damaged in the explosion that occurred last week.

Speaking when he received the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, LP, Peter Obi on Monday, Makinde, who was elected under the platform of the PDP, lamented that his party’s candidate in the last presidential election had yet to call or text him since the incident occurred.

He said, “You came here to commiserate with us over the explosion. I am particularly grateful because the President has reached out to me, you also have reached out to me but my own party candidate (Atiku), not even a call or a text message.

“I am saying this openly because our leaders should know that they need to have time for politics and humanity too.”

The governor said investigation to fully unravel the mystery behind the incident is currently ongoing.

“Investigations are still going on, it was an issue of illegal miners storing explosive devices in an environment where they should not be kept,” he added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Actress Nancy Isime Sends Message to Late Mother
Forum | 1 day ago

Actress Nancy Isime Sends Message to Late Mother

Follow AGF’s Advice, Submit To EFCC – Group Tells Yahaya Bello
Forum | 2 days ago

Follow AGF’s Advice, Submit To EFCC – Group Tells Yahaya Bello

Nigerian-born striker, Martin Obi scores seven goals as Arsenal win 7-0
Forum | 3 days ago

Nigerian-born striker, Martin Obi scores seven goals as Arsenal win 7-0

Classic Okoli Weeps After Sharing Insensitive Message She Received For Escaping Boat Accident
Forum | 6 days ago

Classic Okoli Weeps After Sharing Insensitive Message She Received For Escaping Boat Accident