Plateau Massacre: Tinubu Govt Sleeping On Duty – Southern Christians

Forum 3 months ago

Plateau Massacre: Tinubu Govt Sleeping On Duty – Southern Christians

The Southern Nigeria Christian Association has conveyed its indignation and outrage regarding the mass killing of numerous Plateau State residents on Christmas Eve.

Armed men had stormed Plateau communities as they were preparing for Christmas and killed over 100 persons, with hundreds of houses destroyed.

In a statement made available to journalists on Wednesday, the National Secretary of the body, Bishop Dr. Joseph Ajujungwa, described it as
“a massacre too many.”

He said it was saddening that the President Bola Ahmed Tinubu-led administration was sleeping on duty while the orgy of killings had continued like witnessed during former President Muhammadu Buhari government.

Ajujungwa, who lamented that several of such incidents in the past did not receive any consequence, declared that Nigerians were being pushed to their elastic limits.

He said it was indescribable that terrorists could “launch such unprovoked attacks on defenceless citizens and go scot-free without any trace.

“How could they storm the communities, spend hours carrying out a heinous crime of this magnitude, yet security agencies made no attempt to confront them.

“Are the marauders spirits? Did they disappear into thin air while carrying out these operations? Where were the fighter jets? Nigerians deserve answers to these questions as we would no longer keep quiet.

“Under the President Muhammadu Buhari administration, it was all rhetoric but not action while thousands of Nigerrians were sent to their early graves. The same scenario is playing out again.

“As we grieve with the people of Plateau State, the only thing that can assuage the feelings of the people is to bring the perpetrators to book.

“The primary responsibility of the government is protection of lives and properties. President Bola Ahmed Tinubu should rise up to his duty.

“This massacre on the Plateau and indeed any other part of the country should not happen again,”
Bishop Ajujungwa warned.

The body commend the national president of the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, His Eminence, Most Rev Dr Daniel Okoh for his quick reaction over the matter.

He challenged all the Christians to pray and condemn such a wicked and unprovoked act.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 4 days ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja
Forum | 4 days ago

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri
Forum | 5 days ago

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri