EPL: Klopp confirms key payer to miss Liverpool, Man Utd clash

Forum 4 months ago

EPL: Klopp confirms key payer to miss Liverpool, Man Utd clash

Liverpool boss, Jurgen Klopp has confirmed that midfielder Alexis Mac Allister is apparently set to miss his side’s Premier League clash against Manchester United on Sunday at Anfield.
Mac Allister suffered a cut on his knee after being stepped on by a Sheffield United player on 6 December.

The Argentina international played on for several minutes before Klopp decided to substitute him around the hour mark.

However, it now seems that the tackle also impacted the player’s bone, which is keeping him on the sidelines.

Mac Allister missed Liverpool’s 2-1 Premier League win against Crystal Palace on 9 December and will also sit out of their UEFA Europa League clash on Thursday evening.

Speaking ahead of Liverpool’s Europa League tie against Royale Union Saint-Gilloise, Klopp said at his pre-match press conference that the 24-year-old will also not be available for the Man United clash.

He said, “I never had this injury for one of my players before but now we have it. I hope it will not take that long, I would like to say it’s day by day – but that would look like he [Mac] could maybe play the next game [Liverpool vs Man United] but he will not be ready for that as well.

“So, I hope the next three or four days he makes big steps and then we will see.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Police Confirms Killing Of Corps Member At Ogbomoso Nightclub, Detains Officers Involved
Forum | 1 day ago

Police Confirms Killing Of Corps Member At Ogbomoso Nightclub, Detains Officers Involved

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 1 day ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

Family Demands Justice For 38-Year-Old Transporter Who Died During Clash Between NURTW, Land Grabber In Lagos
Forum | 2 days ago

Family Demands Justice For 38-Year-Old Transporter Who Died During Clash Between NURTW, Land Grabber In Lagos