Be Original — Davido Advises Up-And-Coming Artists

Forum 5 months ago

Be Original — Davido Advises Up-And-Coming Artists

David Adeleke, the famous Grammy-nominated Nigerian singer, who is also known as Davido, has advised up-and-coming musicians to embrace originality in their artistic pursuits.

Taking a trip down memory lane, the OBO crooner recalled how he relocated from the United States to Nigeria to do music that was different from what the West was used to.

Davido noted that the uniqueness of the sound he came to Nigeria to develop eventually took him back to the United States as a superstar.

He urged up-and-coming artists to always make sure they stand out creatively.

In a video message shared via his X (formerly Twitter) handle on Friday, Davido said: “If I could give advice to aspiring musicians, just be original.

“I used to live in America. I could have stayed just done what everybody else was doing.

"My calling was to go back home [Nigeria] and represent the culture [Afrobeats] and eventually, it still brought me back out here. But everybody else has their own path. The most important thing is be original.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert

You Can’t Stand Beside Me And Say Something Negative About Davido - Sabinus
Forum | 1 day ago

You Can’t Stand Beside Me And Say Something Negative About Davido - Sabinus

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth

Look Within The Industry, Marry Yourselves - Actress Uche Ogbodo Advises Her Colleagues
Forum | 1 day ago

Look Within The Industry, Marry Yourselves - Actress Uche Ogbodo Advises Her Colleagues