Chelsea vs Man City: They’ll cause problems – Merson gives verdict on EPL clash

Forum 5 months ago

Chelsea vs Man City: They’ll cause problems – Merson gives verdict on EPL clash

Arsenal legend, Paul Merson believes Chelsea are capable of causing Manchester City problems when both teams clash in a Premier League fixture this weekend.

Merson feels Chelsea can get a good result against Man City at Stamford Bridge on Sunday after the Blues ended Tottenham’s unbeaten start to the Premier League season on Monday night with a 4-1 victory.

Speaking on Sky Sports, Merson said, “If Chelsea get a draw, that is a good result. But it’s not a free hit.

“Playing in front of 38,000 at Stamford Bridge against the best team in the world, Chelsea fans turn up to win, not to make sure their team doesn’t get beaten by two or three.

“When you play for big football clubs, you are expected to go out and win or give it a go. Chelsea win trophies.

“Tottenham were going to have a go at Chelsea and that is why I was bullish about them being able to get something. That plays into Chelsea’s hands.

“Man City will be the same. Chelsea will cause them problems, no doubt about it, but Man City will cause major problems at the same time. It is a game Man City know they have to play well to win.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 2 days ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

Axel Foley Gives NFL’s Jared Goff Advice in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F Video
Forum | 2 days ago

Axel Foley Gives NFL’s Jared Goff Advice in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F Video

Family Demands Justice For 38-Year-Old Transporter Who Died During Clash Between NURTW, Land Grabber In Lagos
Forum | 2 days ago

Family Demands Justice For 38-Year-Old Transporter Who Died During Clash Between NURTW, Land Grabber In Lagos

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd