EPL: Your confidence causing you mistakes – Berbatov criticizes Man Utd player

Forum 6 months ago

EPL: Your confidence causing you mistakes – Berbatov criticizes Man Utd player

Former Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov has criticized the club’s summer signee, Andre Onana for being too overconfident in matches this season.

Berbatov also urged Onana to tone down his confidence a bit amid a turbulent start to his career at Old Trafford.

This is coming after Manchester United suffered a 3-2 defeat against Galatasaray in their UEFA Champions League clash on Wednesday.

Onana put in an abysmal performance against the Turkish giants, making yet another mistake in an error-strewn start to the season.

The Cameroon international gave the ball away after a poor pass that landed at Dries Mertens’ feet, which led to Casemiro’s red card.

“His confidence is causing him to make mistakes. You can see that from his body language against Galatasaray. Sometimes, he forgets that he’s playing smart players. Other players will be studying how Onana plays, and they will bait him into playing certain passes. That is exactly what happened against Galatasaray,” Berbatov told Betfair.

“He needs to maintain his confidence but tone it down a bit and think more about who you are playing and how they are playing. I have watched Onana play before, and he has always been the same and I like that.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 12 hours ago

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race
Forum | 12 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race

EPL: ‘I don’t write it off’ – Klopp on Liverpool winning title
Forum | 12 hours ago

EPL: ‘I don’t write it off’ – Klopp on Liverpool winning title