Why We Quickly Buried Mohbad When He Died – Father Opens Up

Forum 7 months ago

Why We Quickly Buried Mohbad When He Died – Father Opens Up

The late singer, Ilerioluwa Aloba popularly known as Mohbad's father, Joseph Aloba, has made some more revelations.

He provided an insight into the swift burial of the late artiste, who passed away at the age of 27 on September 12, with the burial taking place the following day.

In a recent interview shared by Temilola Sobola (@TemilolaSobola) via Instagram on Tuesday, Aloba gave Yoruba culture as the reason for the quick burial, explaining that it is customary not to delay the burial of a deceased person when both parents are still alive.

He mentioned that if Mohbad had passed away at an older age, the option of keeping his body in a mortuary for a later date might have been considered.

Aloba further revealed that the land where his son was laid to rest belonged to Mohbad and that he had given it to him to build a church. He clarified that the decision to bury him swiftly was in accordance with Yoruba customs.

“In Yoruba land, his corpse is not the kind to be kept when both of his parents are still alive,” he said.

“That land where Mohbad was buried is his only land, that is the only land I know him to have owned.

“Truly he gave me the land to build my church because we had both agreed to build the church there and since that’s the only land I knew him to have.”

Mohbad, a former record label signee of Marlian Music owned by Naira Marley, left the label in February 2022.

The management of Mohbad, on Monday, announced a candlelight procession and tribute night for the late artiste Thursday (tomorrow) while the Lagos State Governor, on Wednesday, invited the Department of Security Services to join the probe of late singer, Ilerioluwa Aloba, popularly known as Mohbad.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
LaLiga: Ancelotti opens up on future of Real Madrid’s wonderkid, Arda Guler
Forum | 12 hours ago

LaLiga: Ancelotti opens up on future of Real Madrid’s wonderkid, Arda Guler

Father Arrested For Impersonating Son During UTME
Forum | 2 days ago

Father Arrested For Impersonating Son During UTME

Family Demands Justice For 38-Year-Old Transporter Who Died During Clash Between NURTW, Land Grabber In Lagos
Forum | 2 days ago

Family Demands Justice For 38-Year-Old Transporter Who Died During Clash Between NURTW, Land Grabber In Lagos

JAMB arrests father writing exam for son
Forum | 2 days ago

JAMB arrests father writing exam for son