Arsenal confirm sale of Matt Turner to Nottingham Forest

Forum 10 months ago

Arsenal confirm sale of Matt Turner to Nottingham Forest

Arsenal have announced that goalkeeper Matt Turner has joined Nottingham Forest on a permanent transfer.

The USMNT star only signed for Gunners last summer from MLS side New England Revolution, but his desire to play more regularly has seen him depart the Emirates Stadium after one season.

With Arsenal agreeing a £30m deal to sign David Raya from Brentford, Turner has now completed a move to the City Ground, signing a four year deal with Nottingham Forest.

In a statement, Arsenal sporting director Edu said: "On behalf of everyone at the club, we would like to thank Matt for his contribution to Arsenal and wish him and his family all the best in their new chapter.

"Matt is an international goalkeeper with the United States and is at a stage of his career when he needs to be playing regularly. He is leaving with our best wishes to join Nottingham Forest."

In their unveiling at Nottingham Forest, Turner said: "It feels great to be here. It's something I'm really looking forward to, it's a great challenge and a great step in my career.

"When I heard that there was interest to bring me here, it just felt right for my family, it felt right when my agent spoke to me about it and it feels like the right move for me right now.

"The manager and the backroom staff, everything about the club has a little sparkle to it. It's felt right from the start and I’m happy it's got done.

"I'm looking forward to making a connection with my teammates, the fans and the city. I'm grateful to be here and can't wait to get things started."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Nottingham Forest ready to sell Emmanuel Dennis
Forum | 2 hours ago

Transfer: Nottingham Forest ready to sell Emmanuel Dennis

Euro 2024: So good – John Stones hails Arsenal target
Forum | 1 day ago

Euro 2024: So good – John Stones hails Arsenal target

Euro 2024: He doesn’t panic – Jenas hails Arsenal star
Forum | 3 days ago

Euro 2024: He doesn’t panic – Jenas hails Arsenal star