Photo: See What The Entire Universe Looks Like...

Forum 8 years ago

Photo: See What The Entire Universe Looks Like...

Ever wondered what the entire universe might look like? The universe is so vast it’s almost impossible to picture what it might look like crammed into one field of view.

But musician Pablo Carlos Budassi managed to do it by combining logarithmic maps of the universe from Princeton and images from NASA. He created the image above that shows the observable universe in one disc.

Our sun and solar system are at the very center of the image, followed by the outer ring of our Milky Way galaxy, the Perseus arm of the Milky Way, a ring of other nearby galaxies like Andromeda, the rest of the cosmic web, cosmic microwave background radiation leftover from the big bang, and finally a ring of plasma also generated by the big bang.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Taylor Swift’s Fortnight Video Made Ethan Hawke & Josh Charles Feel Like ‘Rock Stars’
Forum | 2 days ago

Taylor Swift’s Fortnight Video Made Ethan Hawke & Josh Charles Feel Like ‘Rock Stars’

Insane Like Me Digital Release Date Set for Supernatural Thriller
Forum | 4 days ago

Insane Like Me Digital Release Date Set for Supernatural Thriller

EPL: I’ve never seen a player like this before, unbelievable – Havertz hails Arsenal star
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: I’ve never seen a player like this before, unbelievable – Havertz hails Arsenal star

Masters of the Universe Movie Gets 2026 Release Date
Forum | 1 week ago

Masters of the Universe Movie Gets 2026 Release Date