Shettima to represent Tinubu at Rome, Russia summits

Forum 9 months ago

Shettima to represent Tinubu at Rome, Russia summits

Vice President Kashim Shettima has departed Abuja to represent President Bola Tinubu at two major international summits in Rome, Italy, and St Petersburg, Russia.

Shettima, who left the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja at about 3 pm Sunday, will join other global leaders for the first Stocktaking Moment Summit, with the theme, “Transforming Food Systems for People, Planet and Prosperity,” holding from Monday, July 24, to Wednesday, July 26.

“During the summit, the Vice President will chair a high-level session, with the theme, ‘Innovative Financing for Food System Transformation: The Case of Nigeria,’ and the side event on ‘Scaling up Multi-stakeholders Collaboration and Investment in the Implementation of Food Systems Transformation Pathways in Nigeria,” a statement signed by State House Director of Information, Office of the VP, Olusola Abiola, revealed on Sunday.

The event is being organised in collaboration with the Rome-based UN Agencies, the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the UN, the International Fund for Agricultural Development and World Food Programme, as well as the UN Food Systems Coordination Hub and wider UN system.

Shettima will then proceed from Rome to St. Petersburg in Russia to represent the President at the Russia-Africa Summit scheduled to hold from Wednesday, July 26 to Saturday, July 29.

While in Russia, the Vice President will join other political and business leaders at the 2nd Russia–Africa Summit and Russia–Africa Economic and Humanitarian Forum focused on strategising to enhance relations between Russia and the African continent, among other benefits.

Also, he will participate in bilateral meetings with representatives of relevant Russian senior government officials and business leaders to discuss relations between Russia and Nigeria.

Shettima, who is accompanied by senior government officials from federal ministries, departments, and agencies, is expected back in the country at the end of the week.

It is his first foreign trip since assuming office as Vice President.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 4 days ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja
Forum | 4 days ago

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja

When Naira Went Haywire And Some People Were Celebrating, Inwardly We Were Laughing At Them - Shettima Says
Forum | 5 days ago

When Naira Went Haywire And Some People Were Celebrating, Inwardly We Were Laughing At Them - Shettima Says

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri
Forum | 5 days ago

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri