I Never Wanted To Be Famous – Ebuka Obi-Uchendu

Forum 9 months ago

I Never Wanted To Be Famous – Ebuka Obi-Uchendu

Popular media personality, Ebuka Obi-Uchendu has said it was never his plan to become famous.

The lawyer added that he does not enjoy being famous.

He said fame is “a necessary evil that comes with having a career that is public.”

He stated this on Channels TV’s programme, Rubbin’ Minds, co-hosted by reality stars, Beauty Tukura and Prince Nelson.

While admitting that there are benefits that come with fame, Ebuka said that left for him, he would choose his career and the monetary benefits and boycott fame.

The father of two said, “I have never been a fan of fame. And if you know me, I think you can tell. But I have also understood that it comes with what I do.

“I have never courted fame. I have never chased fame. I have never really sort of thrived in it. I’m not the kind of guy who is going to our things out to be talked about. So, most times if you see me being talked about, it’s because of my work. It’s not because I did something outside of my work.

“I don’t know that I enjoyed fame or I have ever really liked it that much. I mean, it comes with its benefits, I can never deny that. But I also understand that it is a necessary evil that comes with having a career that is public.

“But if you left me with an option, I would take the career with the money that is coming with it and not be famous.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nigerian-born striker, Martin Obi scores seven goals as Arsenal win 7-0
Forum | 10 hours ago

Nigerian-born striker, Martin Obi scores seven goals as Arsenal win 7-0

NSCDC Arrests Wanted Oil Thieves In Abia
Forum | 2 days ago

NSCDC Arrests Wanted Oil Thieves In Abia

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 3 days ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe
Forum | 4 days ago

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe