Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu hail Osoba at 84

Forum 9 months ago

Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu hail Osoba at 84

PRESIDENT Bola Tinubu on Saturday, described former Ogun State governor, Olusegun Osoba, as an important statesman whose life is worth emulating.

“His life is worthy of emulation as it will serve as a useful beacon for many, particularly the upcoming Nigerians,” Tinubu said in his birthday message to Osoba who turned 84 on July 15, 2023.

The President’s Special Adviser on Special Duties, Communications and Strategy, Dele Alake, revealed this in a statement he signed on Saturday.

Tinubu said, “Today, I rejoice with the family, friends, and numerous associates of a prominent journalist, former governor of Ogun State and elder statesman, Chief Olusegun Osoba, on attaining 84.

“Apro-democracy activist who fought stridently for democracy and progressive good governance in Nigeria. It’s no surprise that his people elected him twice as governor of Ogun State.”

Also, the Lagos State Governor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, congratulated Osoba on the occasion of his 84th birthday.

Sanwo-Olu, in a statement issued by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Gboyega Akosile, on Saturday described the former governor of Ogun State as a media guru and a democrat who had made a great impact in the lives of many Nigerians.

He said, “Aremo Olusegun Osoba is a true democrat and member of the progressive camp, who has been playing active roles in party politics and governance in Nigeria. He is an advocate of good governance, restructuring, and true federalism in Nigeria.

“He played a crucial role during the June 12, 1993, presidential election annulment struggle by aligning with progressives and pro-democracy activists, under the platform of the National Democratic Coalition to fight the military junta for the enthronement of democracy.”

Also, the APC Senator representing Ogun West, Solomon Adeola, described Osoba as a role model in progressive politics as he celebrates his 84th birthday.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
President Tinubu Mourns Victims Of Ogun Gas Explosion
Forum | 2 days ago

President Tinubu Mourns Victims Of Ogun Gas Explosion

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 1 week ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja
Forum | 1 week ago

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja