Tinubu orders manhunt for Plateau killers

Forum 9 months ago

Tinubu orders manhunt for Plateau killers

President Bola Tinubu, on Tuesday in Abuja, described as “unfortunate” the killing of an eight-month old infant in the recent violence in Plateau and Benue states.

He directed security agencies to fish out the masterminds of the killings, insisting that they be made to face the full wrath of law.

“It is most unfortunate that in this orgy of violence, an innocent eight-month-old baby in Farin Lamba community of Vwang District, Jos South Local Government, died in a conflict she knew nothing about,” a statement signed by the President’s Special Adviser on Special Duties, Communications and Strategy, Dele Alake, read on Tuesday.

In the statement titled ‘Plateau killings: We must break this cycle of violence,’ the President expressed sadness and grief over the incident, condemning the killings in Mangu and parts of Benue State.

The President who described the festering reprisal attacks as “needless and “avoidable” said, “A major consequence of perennial conflict is always the tragic loss of innocent lives.”

“While reaffirming his government’s strong determination to stamp out violent crimes and all forms of criminalities everywhere in Nigeria, the President has directed security agencies to fish out the masterminds of the dastardly acts to face the full wrath of law,” the statement read.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC
Forum | 3 days ago

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 5 days ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja
Forum | 5 days ago

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja