Nigeria’s challenges enormous but there’s hope, says Tinubu

Forum 10 months ago

Nigeria’s challenges enormous but there’s hope, says Tinubu

President Bola Tinubu, on Friday, in France, told Nigerians living in the European country that the challenges facing the world’s most populous black nation are enormous but they can be surmounted.

Tinubu, who won the February 25th presidential election, also said he would work on behalf of those who did not vote for him at the polls as well as those who did.

“Whether you voted for me or you didn’t vote for me, I am your president. By the grace of God, I have to work on your behalf,” Tinubu said at his first Presidential diaspora engagement with Nigerians living in France.

Tinubu, who described Nigeria’s challenges as enormous, said he is prepared for the job ahead of him.

“So your president is here. I danced for it and I have to continue to be prepared for it.

“The challenges are enormous. But do we have hope? Yes. With perseverance, determination and persistency, we can achieve whatever we desire,” said the Nigerian leader.

He also noted that he, like some in his audience, had experienced the rough side of diaspora life, saying, “I know the road and I’ve been through what many of you have been through outside the country. I’ve been in America, in the UK, I have been a night guard, security, a doorman in America. But I have achieved my aim.”

Tinubu is attending the Paris Summit on New Global Financing Pact.

So far, he has held bilateral meetings with the Swiss President, Alain Berset, and the President of the Republic of Benin, Patrice Talon.

He has also met other business leaders, including the Chairman of the Indorama Group, Sri Prakash Lohia, President of AFREXIM Bank, Prof. Benedict Oramah, President of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Odile Renaud-Basso, amongst others.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nigerian Woman Overjoyed After Giving Birth to Twins at 56
Forum | 16 hours ago

Nigerian Woman Overjoyed After Giving Birth to Twins at 56

Tron: Ares Visual Effects Will ‘Push Forward What Can Be Done,’ Says Cameron Monaghan
Forum | 1 day ago

Tron: Ares Visual Effects Will ‘Push Forward What Can Be Done,’ Says Cameron Monaghan

Nigerian Man, His Wife And 11 Others Arrested In Vietnam For Alleged Money Laundering
Forum | 1 day ago

Nigerian Man, His Wife And 11 Others Arrested In Vietnam For Alleged Money Laundering

Nigerian-born striker, Martin Obi scores seven goals as Arsenal win 7-0
Forum | 3 days ago

Nigerian-born striker, Martin Obi scores seven goals as Arsenal win 7-0