Tinubu excludes NDLEA, NAFDAC from board dissolution

Forum 10 months ago

Tinubu excludes NDLEA, NAFDAC from board dissolution

President Bola Tinubu has exempted the boards of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency and the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control from dissolution.

The President had on Monday announced the dissolution of boards of the Federal Government’s parastatals, agencies, institutions, and government-owned companies.

14 agencies listed in the third schedule, Part 1, Section 153 (i), of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria were, however, exempted from the directives.

However, on Tuesday, the Director of Information, Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Willie Bassey, said NAFDAC and NDLEA would not be affected by the president’s directive.

The statement read, “Further to the directive on the dissolution of Boards of Federal Government Parastatals, Agencies, Institutions, and Government-owned Companies, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation has clarified that the Boards of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency and the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration & Control are exempted from such dissolution. “

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
NDLEA Nabs 28-Year-Old Woman Who Manufactures Cakes Laced With Drugs
Forum | 3 days ago

NDLEA Nabs 28-Year-Old Woman Who Manufactures Cakes Laced With Drugs

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 1 week ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja
Forum | 1 week ago

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja