Subsidy removal: Ibori, Makinde, Wike back Tinubu

Forum 10 months ago

Subsidy removal: Ibori, Makinde, Wike back Tinubu

Three members of the Peoples Democratic Party have thrown their support behind President Bola Tinubu on the removal of petroleum subsidy.

The Oyo State governor, Seyi Makinde, immediate past governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, and former governor of Delta State, James Ibori, made this known when they visited the president at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, on Friday.

Speaking on why the trio were at the villa of the president, Makinde said, “To let him know that he has started well and he has the support of the generality of the people.”

On the subsidy issue, Makinde said, “We discussed it. It’s something that is on top of public discussion right now. We know it’s a tough decision for the people and he needs the support of everybody to see this through.”

Recall that the PDP chieftain, Ibori, and Tinubu served as governors under different political platforms between 1999 and 2007 while Wike and Makinde are members of the PDP’s rebel G5 governors that worked against the party’s presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar in the February elections.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 3 days ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja
Forum | 3 days ago

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri
Forum | 3 days ago

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri

Why Wike Was Allowed Into PDP National Caucus Meeting - Senate Minority Leader, Moro Speaks
Forum | 3 days ago

Why Wike Was Allowed Into PDP National Caucus Meeting - Senate Minority Leader, Moro Speaks