EPL: He’s very fast – Cesc Fabregas names player that’ll be important for Arsenal

Forum 11 months ago

EPL: He’s very fast – Cesc Fabregas names player that’ll be important for Arsenal

Former Arsenal captain, Cesc Fabregas, has identified defender Jakub Kiwior as one of the players that would be important for the Gunners in the near future.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6d61dc93a72f6b40930902caf58f2c5f.jpg

Fabregas said that Kiwior is a very fast footballer, adding that he needs more game time to understand his teammates.

Kiwior, 23, arrived at Arsenal in the January transfer window in a £21 million deal from Italian side Spezia.

The Poland international has found first-team opportunities hard to come by in Mikel Arteta’s side.

With William Saliba injured and Rob Holding struggling in the Frenchman’s absence, Kiwior was handed his first league start against Chelsea on Tuesday.

Kiwior impressed despite switching from his usual left centre-back role to the right.

“It is a good call to have as well because apparently, from what I have heard, the boy is working really hard and training very well,” Fabregas said on Sky Sports.

“He is very fast, and he is young. They also need him for next year I am sure, like Saliba when he went on loan.

“So now he needs games as well to know the players, to get to know each other, and I am sure he will be an important player for the club.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Iwobi moves to fourth position on Nigeria’s highest capped list
Forum | 1 hour ago

EPL: Iwobi moves to fourth position on Nigeria’s highest capped list

EPL: You damaged English football – Pochettino slams VAR after Aston Villa draw
Forum | 1 hour ago

EPL: You damaged English football – Pochettino slams VAR after Aston Villa draw

Nigerian-born striker, Martin Obi scores seven goals as Arsenal win 7-0
Forum | 2 hours ago

Nigerian-born striker, Martin Obi scores seven goals as Arsenal win 7-0

EPL: Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Aston Villa sees Arsenal qualify for Champions League
Forum | 2 hours ago

EPL: Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Aston Villa sees Arsenal qualify for Champions League