EPL: He gave you little taste – Rio Ferdinand blasts Arsenal fans for ‘dissing’ ex-player

Forum 1 year ago

EPL: He gave you little taste – Rio Ferdinand blasts Arsenal fans for ‘dissing’ ex-player

Manchester United legend, Rio Ferdinand, has hit out at Arsenal fans for dissing their former player, Theo Walcott.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/4f489c0fe3dac6ce3a38cf5aa4818886.png

Walcott scored Southampton’s second goal as the Saints drew 3-3 against Arsenal in a Premier League tie a few days ago.

The 34-year-old refused to celebrate as a sign of respect for his old team, something that the Gunners fans didn’t reciprocate, according to Ferdinand.

Walcott spent 12 years with Arsenal and made 397 appearances for them, scoring 108 goals and providing 80 assists during his time at Emirates.

However, the Englishman received a bit of hate from his former fans at Emirates during Southampton’s tie with Arsenal.

Speaking on his FIVE YouTube Channel, Ferdinand slammed Arsenal fans, saying (via HITC): “Southampton bottom of the table and Theo Walcott comes back and says ‘listen, I’m going to slap up my old team again, they can’t deal with me’. You lot were dissing Walcott.

“All of sudden, he comes back and says, ‘Listen, remember my name and respect what I did for the club. I’m going to have to show you now’.”

He added, “He comes there and gives you a little taste.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Iwobi moves to fourth position on Nigeria’s highest capped list
Forum | 8 hours ago

EPL: Iwobi moves to fourth position on Nigeria’s highest capped list

EPL: You damaged English football – Pochettino slams VAR after Aston Villa draw
Forum | 8 hours ago

EPL: You damaged English football – Pochettino slams VAR after Aston Villa draw

Nigerian-born striker, Martin Obi scores seven goals as Arsenal win 7-0
Forum | 8 hours ago

Nigerian-born striker, Martin Obi scores seven goals as Arsenal win 7-0

EPL: Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Aston Villa sees Arsenal qualify for Champions League
Forum | 8 hours ago

EPL: Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Aston Villa sees Arsenal qualify for Champions League