I Stayed In My Abusive Marriage Because Of What People Will Say – Foluke Daramola

Forum 1 year ago

I Stayed In My Abusive Marriage Because Of What People Will Say – Foluke Daramola

Foluke Daramola-Salak, the Nollywood actress, has spoken up on why she endured her abusive marriage.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f7c5a6ab9f4bf5c85e288dacc7edf704.jpg

According to the mother of two, she remained in her first marriage for four years despite being constantly abused by her ex-husband because she was scared of criticism.

The thespian revealed this in a recent interview with TVC.

She said she was abused on the night of her wedding.

She said, “My first marriage, on the night of my wedding was when I noticed abuse. But because of what people will say… And God has already orchestrated it because my wonderful kids are from the marriage.

“When I finally decided to step out [of the marriage], people did not understand why I stepped out. But I understood that I needed to go. A lot of people did not receive it well, but if I hadn’t stepped out, if I had died there, by now I would have been a forgotten case.

“So, it is better for people not to accept my reality or my truth but I accept my own truth than for me to lose my life in the process of trying to prove to the world what I’m going through.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
People Think I’m In Illuminati – Singer, Tyla Says
Forum | 1 hour ago

People Think I’m In Illuminati – Singer, Tyla Says

Men Who Place Mothers Above Wives Not Fit For Marriage – BBNaija’s Ennada
Forum | 3 hours ago

Men Who Place Mothers Above Wives Not Fit For Marriage – BBNaija’s Ennada

Haters Are Losers And Can Never Do Better Than The People They Hate - Yul Edochie
Forum | 3 days ago

Haters Are Losers And Can Never Do Better Than The People They Hate - Yul Edochie

You Can’t Stand Beside Me And Say Something Negative About Davido - Sabinus
Forum | 1 week ago

You Can’t Stand Beside Me And Say Something Negative About Davido - Sabinus