Bruno Saltor reacts to 'difficult' Graham Potter departure from Chelsea

Forum 1 year ago

Bruno Saltor reacts to 'difficult' Graham Potter departure from Chelsea

Interim Chelsea manager Bruno Saltor has admitted that Graham Potter's departure from the club has been a challenge for everyone involved.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/fd103ae74f58d6a2a1fa9d4013137cdc.jpg

Potter was given his marching orders on Sunday after an uninspiring 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa saw the Blues tumble into the bottom half of the Premier League table with just ten games to go. The team is now in the hands of Bruno, the former Brighton right-back who followed Potter to Stamford Bridge.

There was little time for Bruno to get to grips with the role as his first day on the job involved a pre-match press conference ahead of a visit from Liverpool on Tuesday, in which the events of the previous 24 hours understandably took centre stage.

“I spoke to Graham five minutes ago and he sent his regards to all of you," Bruno told the media. “It has been a difficult 24 hours for all the staff, the families and now we have to deal with the situation.

"It's a sad day for the staff because Graham and Billy [Reid, Potter's assistant] are two top coaches, top people and I have to be as professional as I can to prepare for the game as best we can.

"It's been difficult at every single level. You have to deal with the press conference, the players, the relationship with Graham and Billy, how it effects their family. A really difficult 12 hours."

Bruno then went on to admit that he was yet to speak to the Chelsea players about Potter's exit but had already met the owners of the club to discuss his situation.

"I've not seen the players yet, we have an afternoon session planned," he continued. "We are all responsible and need to keep focused on tomorrow's game.

"They will be sad because they know the level of human being Graham is.

"I've spoken to [the owners], they have been supportive. I am focused on tomorrow's game. If I am here right now, it's because Graham and the club thought it was the right step."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa

Ghanaian Media Personality, Serwaa Amihere Reacts To Her Leaked S3x Tape
Forum | 4 days ago

Ghanaian Media Personality, Serwaa Amihere Reacts To Her Leaked S3x Tape

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd