Thomas Tuchel reacts to Chelsea sacking Graham Potter & Julian Nagelsmann links

Forum 1 year ago

Thomas Tuchel reacts to Chelsea sacking Graham Potter & Julian Nagelsmann links

Thomas Tuchel has admitted he would not be able to give Julian Nagelsmann any advice about moving to Chelsea because he no longer knows what life at Stamford Bridge is like.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/739e026075cb8ee5c1ead743c6ee5ef7.jpg

Tuchel became a popular figure at Chelsea under previous owner Roman Abramovich but was given his marching orders early in the current campaign by the new Todd Boehly-Clearlake Capital ownership, who opted to replace him with Graham Potter.

Six months later and Potter has been given the boot as well - just over a week after Tuchel himself returned to work with Bayern Munich.

Setting off a bit of a managerial merry-go-round is Chelsea's interest in the man Tuchel replaced in Munich, Julian Nagelsmann, who 90min understands has emerged as an early favourite to take the vacant Stamford Bridge spot.

Asked whether he would advise Nagelsmann to move to Chelsea, Tuchel said: "I saw the news [of Potter's exit] late last night. It's awful timing as it coincided with my appointment here.

"It took me a while to distance myself from Chelsea. I really enjoyed working there and formed friendships for life. But the club has changed a lot, which has made it easier to distance myself, so it didn't really trigger big emotions in me.

"I could not give advice [to Nagelsmann] because the club has changed."

Anthony Barry could soon follow Potter out the exit door, with Bayern Munich close to finalising a deal which would see the Chelsea coach reunite with Tuchel.

Chelsea are now hunting for a new manager and, alongside Nagelsmann, are understood to hold interest in Luis Enrique, Mauricio Pochettino and Ruben Amorim, among others.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Paul Thomas Anderson’s Next Film Reportedly Has Sci-Fi Elements
Forum | 23 hours ago

Paul Thomas Anderson’s Next Film Reportedly Has Sci-Fi Elements

May Edochie Reacts as Rita Edochie Shades Women Who Snatch People’s Husbands
Forum | 23 hours ago

May Edochie Reacts as Rita Edochie Shades Women Who Snatch People’s Husbands

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo