Pedri makes statement on Barca future amid Premier League links

Forum 1 year ago

Pedri makes statement on Barca future amid Premier League links

Barcelona midfielder Pedri hasn’t ruled out playing in the Premier League in the future, potentially paving the way for an exit from Camp Nou even if not any time soon.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d099a3754133349a8bcf26bbf9047e41.jpg

Pedri has been a key player for Barça since the age of 16 when he arrived from Las Palmas. By the end of his debut season, the teen prodigy had played 52 games in all competitions and played for Spain at both Euro 2020 and the Olympics in one summer.

Barça tied Pedri to a new long-term contract in the autumn of 2021, raising his mandatory buyout clause to €1bn – they had paid just €5m for him the previous year.

Injuries have seen Pedri, now 20, play fewer games this season and last. He remains sidelined now, missing the club’s last six fixtures in all competitions – including two against Real Madrid.

Pedri doesn’t have the same ties to Barça as someone either from the area or who has grown up in La Masia, or both, and he has been linked with an exit in the past – Bayern Munich in particular have often been mentioned in conjunction with the midfielder.

Speaking to TCL, the youngster admitted he is not against testing himself in England.

When the subject of heading to the Premier League was raised in the interview, he said, “At the moment, no. I'm at Barça and hopefully I'll stay here for many more years. I love La Liga, but nothing should ever be ruled out.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
2face Doesn’t Live With His Sons, Burna Boy May Never Give Birth, Davido Kills Every Male Child He Comes Across - Brymo Makes Shocking Claims
Forum | 5 days ago

2face Doesn’t Live With His Sons, Burna Boy May Never Give Birth, Davido Kills Every Male Child He Comes Across - Brymo Makes Shocking Claims

Don Jazzy Reacts as Ayra Starr Links up With Rihanna
Forum | 6 days ago

Don Jazzy Reacts as Ayra Starr Links up With Rihanna

Pray For Khaid - Sydney Talker Urges Fans Amid Hospitalization
Forum | 6 days ago

Pray For Khaid - Sydney Talker Urges Fans Amid Hospitalization

Davido Throws Support Behind Cubana Chief Priest Amid Alleged Naira Abuse
Forum | 1 week ago

Davido Throws Support Behind Cubana Chief Priest Amid Alleged Naira Abuse