Xavi makes bold claim about Barcelona stars Pedri and Gavi

Forum 1 year ago

Xavi makes bold claim about Barcelona stars Pedri and Gavi

Xavi has described Barcelona youngsters Pedri and Gavi as ‘even better’ than himself and fellow legend Andres Iniesta were at the same age.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ed7fe7979b599601118be58a30ec3234.jpg

Along with Sergio Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta achieved incredible things with both Barcelona and Spain, winning multiple Champions Leagues and European Championships as well as a World Cup.

Pedri and Gavi have set out to follow in those illustrious footsteps and have made a major impression so far, not least on Barca boss Xavi himself.

“When Iniesta and I were 20 years old, we weren’t as good as Pedri and Gavi are now,” Xavi told BarcaTV. “They are better than us,”

Another man that Xavi is hoping to see more from is the perpetually frustrating Ousmane Dembele.

He started the World Cup final for France but was hauled off before half-time after giving away a penalty to cap off what was a disappointing tournament for him in general.

Xavi, though, is determined to fine tune the richly talented former Borussia Dortmund man, and he is working with him to improve one key part of his game.

“Dembele is a difference-maker,” Xavi said. “He makes a difference in every game. He is a special player.

“We have worked a lot with him on his decision-making so that he always makes the right decision. I love him a lot and I trust him. He is the best winger in the world.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Fake Alcohol Producer Arrested In Delta And Recounts How He Makes The Fake Drinks
Forum | 1 day ago

Fake Alcohol Producer Arrested In Delta And Recounts How He Makes The Fake Drinks

EPL: Roy Keane makes title prediction after Arsenal, Man City wins
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Roy Keane makes title prediction after Arsenal, Man City wins

Cora Bora Trailer: Meg Stalter Stars in Comedy Movie
Forum | 5 days ago

Cora Bora Trailer: Meg Stalter Stars in Comedy Movie

Under the Stars Cast: Toni Collette, Andy Garcia & More Join Rom-Com Movie
Forum | 6 days ago

Under the Stars Cast: Toni Collette, Andy Garcia & More Join Rom-Com Movie