CJN Ariwoola Keeps Mum On Secretly Meeting Tinubu In London

Forum 1 year ago

CJN Ariwoola Keeps Mum On Secretly Meeting Tinubu In London

Nigeria's Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Olukayode Ariwoola has yet to react after being accused of secretly meeting President-elect, Bola Tinubu, in London.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/13b1f4a3fd3723c542630698e433f536.jpg

According to a viral report, Ariwoola was alleged to have traveled out to London pretending to be a physically-challenged old man in preparation for a meeting with Tinubu.

The reports claimed that Tinubu called for the meeting to seek the favour of the judiciary as his opponents seek to overturn his victory in the February 25 presidential election.

The reports also said Ariwoola departed Nigeria on March 11 via Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, and was pushed in a wheelchair through the terminals to board a British Airways flight.

Upon arrival in London, Ariwoola was said to have been wheeled into a hotel downtown, where he has remained ever since.  But immediately after checking into the hotel, Ariwoola was reported to have abandoned his wheelchair and started moving around the facility unaided.

Following the reports on Thursday afternoon, Justice Ariwoola has failed to admit or deny the reports as the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal is set to commence hearing soon.

Meanwhile, Tinubu has distanced himself from the report claiming that he met with Ariwoola in London.

The Director of Media and Publicity of the APC presidential campaign council (PCC), Bayo Onanuga in a statement released on Thursday said Tinubu is currently in France.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 3 days ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja
Forum | 3 days ago

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja

CJN Ariwoola Promotes Wike’s Wife, 21 Other Judges To Appeal Court
Forum | 3 days ago

CJN Ariwoola Promotes Wike’s Wife, 21 Other Judges To Appeal Court